If you’re experiencing a slowdown or lag in The Sims 4, there are a few things you can do to make the game run faster. This guide will show you how to make Sims 4 run faster without significant changes to your system.
Sims 4 is a life simulation game developed by The Sims Studio and published by Electronic Arts. It was released on September 2, 2014, for Microsoft Windows. The game allows players to create a Sim character and control their lives in a virtual world.
- Minimum system requirements for Sims 4
- Recommended system requirements for Sims 4
- 11 Easy Ways To Make Sims 4 Run Faster
- How to make sims 4 run better on Laptop
- Clean up your laptop Hardware
- Delete unwanted Files
- Cleaning the cache
- Update your Graphics drivers
- Change your sims four graphic settings.
- Graphics Setting Options
- Make sims 4 run faster with cc.
- Make sims 4 run faster with mods.
- Repair sims 4 Game
- Upgrade the system
- Frequently Asked Questions
Minimum system requirements for Sims 4
|Operating System:||Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1|
|Processor:||1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or better|
|RAM:||At least 2 GB|
|Video Card:||128 MB with support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported video cards include NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, and Intel GMA X4500 or better|
|DirectX:||DirectX 9.0c compatible|
|HDD Space:||At least 9 GB|
Recommended system requirements for Sims 4
|Operating System:||64 Bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4|
|RAM:||4 GB RAM|
|Video Card:||NVIDIA GTX 650 or better|
|DirectX:||8.1 Microsoft DirectX 11|
|HDD Space:||18 GB of Hard Drive space|
11 Easy Ways To Make Sims 4 Run Faster
How to make sims 4 run better on Laptop
- Closeout all programs that aren’t crucial to the game. This includes your web browser, anti-virus, and anything else that’s running in the background.
- Uninstall any unnecessary programs on your computer (like anti-virus software). If you need to keep these programs for security reasons, ensure they’re set to a lower performance setting or are turned off entirely when sims 4 is open.
- Open task manager with the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and close out all of the non-essential processes that are using up most of your computer’s resources. You can also manually look through this list yourself to see what files are hogging the most space and delete them if possible.
Clean up your laptop Hardware
Follow the following steps to clean Laptop hardware
- Shut down your computer and unplug all the cords.
- Get a cloth and wipe down the entire surface of your laptop.
- Use a can of compressed air to clean out the keyboard and any other crevices.
- Plugin the cords and turn on your computer.
Delete unwanted Files
- Launch the Windows File Explorer and head to the “C: drive”.
- Right-click on a folder you want to delete or move, select “Move To”, and select a location where you want the folder saved.
- Right-click a second time on a folder to delete it completely.
- Once you have selected the location for your old files, press “Move” to make them disappear from your laptop’s cache after exiting out of Windows Explorer.
Cleaning the cache
- Open “My Documents” and search for the “sims four studios” file. Delete it entirely from your documents folder.
- In the exact location as “sims four studios”, create a new “Sims 4 Cache” folder. Depending on how many expansion packs you have installed, there should be anywhere from 2 to 18 folders in this list (i.e., Sims 4_download_cache, Sims 4_preview_cache).
- Move all of these folders into the newly created “Sims 4 Cache” folder created in Documents.
- Open your game and create a new family with any name you want; the only thing is that it must be in CAS to access your character’s appearance.
- When you are finished, close the game entirely again to ensure there isn’t another “sims four studios” file hiding somewhere else on your computer. If there is one, delete it as well.
- Open CAS and select randomize (this button will randomly generate traits for your sim without making them too strange) and click accept.
- Look at their outfit colour choices under every day or sleepwear, but don’t save anything yet! This step is essential because if they left their original outfit colours on when they were randomized, then you would never know if all your colours were still there or not!
- Save and exit CAS, then open “My Documents” again and go to the “sims four studios” file. Click part two: “User Files” and search for a .package file within the folder titled “saves”. Who may hide it, but its name can usually be seen in white text inside a blue box towards the top of the page.
- Delete it by clicking on it once, holding control (ctrl)+alt+shift, then pressing delete. These are called object replacement files which tell your game where you put objects that have been previously deleted – this step will get rid of these files, so they don’t slow down the game after being cleaned.
Update your Graphics drivers
Updating your drivers is one of the easiest ways to make Sims 4 run faster. This is because outdated Graphic drivers can often cause games to lag or crash.
To update your Graphic drivers, you’ll need to visit your laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model. Once you’ve downloaded the drivers, you’ll need to install them on your computer.
You’ll first need to open up Device Manager to install the drivers. You can do this by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Device Manager from the list. Once Device Manager is open, you’ll need to expand the Display adapters section by clicking on the arrow next to it.
Next, you’ll need to right-click on your graphic card and click on Update Driver Software.
You’ll then be asked which updates you’d like to install; select the option that says Search automatically for updated driver software. Once you’ve done this, your computer will find the driver updates. Next, follow any remaining on-screen instructions to complete installing the drivers.
Change your sims four graphic settings.
- Go to settings – video.
- Click on the Graphics tab.
- Click on the lower box to change the preset to Low or Medium, depending on your computer’s capabilities. The preset should automatically apply while you’re in this menu. If it doesn’t, just close the window and reopen it.
Graphics Setting Options
The lower graphic setting means your settings will be more likely to below. You will have better frame rates, but the sims four won’t look good. This is best for very slow computers or does not have a lot of memory.
This preset makes the game graphics look nicer but causes it to lag more often. It’s recommended for bad computers but can run the sims four decently if they skip some graphical features.
The high graphics setting has everything turned up, giving you the best looking game possible at decent frame rates (FPS). If your computer can handle this without too much lag, go ahead and set it on High.
Make sims 4 run faster with cc.
When you have a lot of custom content in your game, it can often cause Sims 4 to run slowly. To test whether or not your custom content is causing the problem, you can try removing it one by one to see if that makes a difference.
To remove custom content, you can use the “Manage Custom Content” tool in the game. This tool will show you all of the custom content installed in your game, and you can select individual files to remove.
If you’re not sure which files are causing the problem, you can also try removing all of your custom content at once. This will delete all of your custom content from the game, so be careful not to delete anything you need. Your Sims 4 folder is in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.
To remove all of your custom content, delete the “Mods” and “Packages” folders from your game folder.
If you’re using a pirated version of the game, this may not be necessary since it’s already missing some files that are required for Sims 4 to run correctly.
On the other hand, if you’re going to speed up Sims 4, you can merge custom content files or change your game settings.
Make sims 4 run faster with mods.
Making modifications to a file in The Sims 4 can often cause problems with other aspects of the game. For example, if you make custom content for your sims’ appearances, it can sometimes cause the game to run slower. However, you can take some simple steps to reduce this problem.
Start with, remove any mods that affect your Sims look or act. Customizing their appearance or making them behave differently than the classic game allows will slow down the game since you’re telling your computer to do something different than what The Sims 4 does typically.
Once you’ve done that, you should see a notable speed improvement. If removing those mods doesn’t help, then try removing all of your custom content at once and re-installing only what you need, so things don’t get too cluttered again.
Although, if your game is still running slowly, you may want to explore other mods available for The Sims 4. Many different mods can help improve the game by adding new interactions or fixing bugs in the unmodified version.
However, before making any changes to your game, it’s always best to be careful and back up all of your files just in case anything goes wrong. By keeping a backup of all of your original content, you’ll have something to fall back on if things go south.
Repair sims 4 Game
The most straightforward approach to increase the speed of Sims 4 is to repair it. This eliminates all game flaws and bugs, which can reduce performance.
- To repair Sims 4,
- open Origin and select “My Games”.
- Under “Sims 4”, click “Repair Game”.
This should take a few minutes, and the game will run faster.
Upgrade the system
If none of the above methods works for you, you need to upgrade your system as per the recommendations mentioned above. It requires installing a new Ram and also a hard drive. You can also follow the above steps to make sims 4 run faster on ps4.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make Sims 4 less laggy?
The Sims 4 can be slow to load and become laggy after a while. This is caused by the game being overloaded with data. If you have this issue, there are some things you can do to fix it! Here’s how:
Delete any custom content that Who put in your game folders recently – this should significantly reduce the amount of data within the game.
If you use mods for your Sims 4 gameplay, delete them as well. The more customized content on your system, the harder it will be for your graphics card or CPU to process all of these files simultaneously, leading to lagging gameplay and long loading times.
Free up space on your hard drive by deleting old saved games or others.
Why does The Sims 4 run so slow?
The Sims 4 is a game that makes heavy use of the GPU. This means that if you are on a computer with an older graphics card, it might run slowly. If you have a newer graphics card, it should be running smoothly. If you notice your game running too slowly, I recommend getting a new computer.
This guide has shown you how to make your Sims 4 game run faster in a few easy steps. Hopefully, your sims four is running faster now. So recommend this article to your friends by sharing it on social media.
If you follow the above steps, you make sims 4 run faster on mac, or we can make a separate guide for how to make sims 4 run faster on a mac if you want. Let us know in the comments!